Monday, August 6, 2007

Not Myself Lately

I'm confronted with a situation. I wonder about what people did in the past when they got sick. What did they do when they became depressed. What did they do? I'm sure that many found comfort in their faith and prayed. I wonder if their families helped them or just gave up on them.



I know that I've found that my family just wants me well. Not for my sake as much as for their own. "I don't like seeing you like this." I don't like it that you are so unhappy. I think that the pressure can send one to the first remedy available without trying to find the reason behind the feelings of loss and sadness.



One of my friends talked about the fact that depression stems from anger. Probably repressed anger. I know that there is a root cause for everything. What I must decide is to get the quick fix or to take the other less traveled route.

No comments:




I want my God, to love you face to face.