Sunday, November 11, 2007

A Letter for Monica Antonia Socha

My Dearest Monica:

Today you were baptized into the Catholic Church! Your Mommy invited me to your first sacrament, but Grandma Paz was sick and couldn't come to be with you. One day, I will tell you what I suffered two nights before your baptism and how the intercession of some small saints saved me.

I want you to know that I thought of you today. Today is the 32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time, the day of your baptism! The first reading from 2Maccabees 7:1-2 and 9-14 speaks about what a person who knows God will withstand in order to remain faithful to God's law. They would be brave, noble, they would die with courage seeing their suffering as nothing compared to the hope of being raised from the died with by Him.

The Psalm for your special day is from Psalm 17 the final verse:

Keep me as the apple of your eye, hide me in the shadow of your wings.

But I in justice shall behold your face;

on waking I shall be content in your presence

R. Lord, when your glory appears, my joy will be full.


The gospel was from Luke 20. The Sadducee who deny that there is resurrection came forward to question Jesus and proposed a scenario concerning a woman who married various brothers following the death of each; in Heaven who would bethe rightful husband? Jesus said there there was no marriage among the dead and that God was a God of the living and not the dead. For HIM all are alive.


I pray that at your baptism, Monica you lifted your heart to God. You gazed upon the beauty of the Lord, and received whatever gifts or spiritual senses He granted to you. May His glory and majesty pierce you to the core; knowing that He is preparing you for the day when finally enter HIS kingdom in all it's splendor and beauty.


In your life my sweet baby Monica, may you be in awe of His love for you. May He reveal to you His great majesty so that you can daily become more like Him.

Sweetheart, from the beginning you must believe that you are a "Saint" in the making. That you were truly fashioned and created in His image and likeness and that you are destined to return to the Father, your Creator in Heaven.

I love you, but Jesus loves you so much that He died for you, and His Mother waits to lead you to her Son, who in turn will lead you to the throne of His Father. The Holy Spirit will fill your with every grace you will need for the journey. Trust in the Trinity always, my dearest baby!

Antonia was my Grandma. She was your Great-great grandma and you were named after her. She was a very poor woman but very rich in grace. She always told your Great-Grandma, Nana and my mother that she was so poor she had no estate, no legacy to pass on to her only daughter, my mother, Lupe. All she had was the Faith. That faith was her only legacy to her daughter. That legacy has been passed on to me, and then to your Mommy, and now to you. One day, you will pass this great gift and inheritance to your children. Everything will pass away, Sweetheart. All riches, jewels, real estate, stock, and riches will pass unto dust, but this great faith will never fade or pass away. Happy Baptism, my precious little Saint!


Amen.

No comments:




I want my God, to love you face to face.